Expanding Our Team as We Grow
New faces at Dr. Watson's office
With this year's expansion to a second practice and to a five-day-a-week schedule, we have also expanded our team to ensure that we can continue to provide the “Ultimate Dental Health Experience” at both of our locations. If you've been in recently, you may have noticed some new faces around the office:
- Angela Watson, Office Manager. Angela joined the team in January to help support the growth of the practice and the team. When she is not helping at the front desk, she is behind the scenes, managing the day to day operations at both practices (and making sure Dr. Watson gets a lunch every day!) Outside of work, Angela loves to bicycle and hike in the Columbia Gorge.
- Autumn Nilsson, Front Office Administrator. Autumn came on board in March just as we were opening the doors at the new North Portland office. Her talents for both people and numbers have been invaluable during a time of major transition, and patients who have met her know that she treats everyone with honesty, respect, and authenticity. Autumn is the proud mom of a sweet, smart 2-year old boy named Cash who frequently visits our office at the end of the day.
- Jayme Hauck, RDH. Jayme joined our team in October when our long-time hygienist, Marilyn, decided to spend more time pursuing her passion of providing sealants for underserved kids around Oregon. As a 2013 summa cum laude graduate of Portland Community College's Dental Hygiene Program, Jayme is acquainted with the latest in dental hygiene theory and technology, and she has continued to hone her skills as a part time instructor for the program. During hygiene visits, she treats her patients with respect while educating them on how to achieve better home care, and her cleanings are gentle but very thorough. Jayme also has a black belt in karate, so patients can relax knowing they are in safe hands!
- Kimberlee Couture, Dental Assistant. Although Kim just joined us in October, she has already built a great rapport with our team and our patients with her upbeat personality and sense of humor. With over 10 years of experience, she has been able to jump in easily to help in all areas of the office. Kim and her husband love to listen to music and dote on their "kids"--their two dogs.
- Merrel Nelson, Dental Assistant. Merrel joined the team in March after working at an oral surgery office. With over 30 years of assisting experience and a positive, "get it done" attitude, she has become a natural leader within our team who has been essential in navigating the challenges of a second practice. Outside of work, Merrel loves to spend time with her family and her adorable little dog, Ruby.
- Yuliya Grebenchshikova, Dental Assistant. Yuliya was initially hired in late 2014 to be our in-house lab technician, but it soon became clear that her true strengths were at chair side, where she could set patients at ease and keep things on track with her focused and calm demeanor. Yuliya has been taking classes to expand her skills and will soon be fully certified in dental assisting and radiology. On days off, she's often cooking or spending time outdoors with her boyfriend.
We are excited to have such an amazing team in place! Next time you are in, please make sure to say hello and get to know our newest members.
Previous Article: Hello, North Portland!